Thursday, December 29, 2011

Your Thirty-First Assignment: Milestones - Part 2

That be one wicked lookin' speeder, hee?

Yes, citizen, yes it is.  An Aratech Scythe, purchased on Quesh.

It be fast and whatnot, hee?

Fast, but not the fastest.  That comes later.


Lock and load, agents!  Another milestone down.  On December 28th, at 2:30am, with 4 days, 7 hours, and 18 minutes played so far, my Imperial Agent (Sniper) Targeter hit 40.  And oh, how good it felt.  Like Christmas elves tickling my balls with the dander of an ancient, mythical beast made of lollipops and noob tears.

Ok, so that may be exaggerating a bit, but damn did it feel nice.  Until I had to pay 210,000 credits for Speeder Piloting 2.  Yeesh.



After 55.31 hours of gameplay, I finally hit the fabled 40.  I'm halfway through Chapter 2, have a 100% speed Aratech Scythe (55,000 credits on Quesh) and am aiming myself for the push to 50 (and the ultra-sexy Aratech Dagger speeder bike).  Gotta be honest ... it feels good man.  Real good.  I haven't been this immersed in an MMO, nor had this much fun in a game, since I fired up WoW for the first time in early 2007.  TOR has a special way of sucking me in and absolutely devouring my life (my wife can attest to this).  I do have a question though; will it hold my interest the second time through?  Will my Bounty Hunter be as much fun to level as Agent?  I'm forced to answer honestly; no, it won't.  The first time visiting a new planet is a special thing that can only be experienced once.  When Butch the Bounty Hunter arrives on Hoth, I'll know where everything is.  I'll know where the quests are located.  It doesn't make me sad, but it does make me remember that for all its trappings; story, voiceover, companions, this is still a game.

Next up on the progression train is the long slog to 50!  I may let my agent rest for a bit and play either my bounty hunter, trooper, or *gasp!* my inquisitor.  Nah, probably not my inquisitor.  Frak that guy.

Fly safe, shoot straight!  For the glory of the Empire!

No comments:

Post a Comment