Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Your Twenty-fourth Assignment: GRRRWARRARAR!

Lock and load, dammit.  No funny little anecdotes, no clever quips.  Just a searing, primal, anguished roar from deep in my chest today.  But Targeter, you say, what could possibly make you so angry?!?

I'll tell you, agent.  I'm a creature of habit.  OCD, if you will.  When I make plans, I tend to stick to those plans.  I abhor change.  So, changing the Early Access dates throws a huge ol' monkey wrench into my carefully laid-out pre-SWTOR ritual I had all planned!  DON'T YOU SEE?!

So, in case you're wondering what in the hell I'm talking about, check this out.  Pay attention to the second sentence.  Yeah, they moved it up two days.  No, it's not an error.  Stephen Reid's Twitter (@Rockjaw) confirms this.  But Targeter, that means more time for you to play, you say, flummoxed at this turn of events.

NO.  I do get more time and that's the problem.  You have to understand where I come from; I like all my little things in their little places and all my ducks in a row.  The morning of the 14th, I was going to attend my child's Christmas pageant.  Afterwards, I would have mosied over to the store and stocked up on all my essentials for the weekend; Pepsi Max, pork rinds, Reese's pieces, and perhaps some snack cheese.  Then I would have returned home and wiled away the rest of the day in the province of Skyrim, conserving my strength for the gaming marathon that was to come.  It would have been perfect.

But now, my plans are destroyed.  Early access starts on Tuesday, December 13th, not Thursday, December 15th.  I am ruined.  Granted, this is probably good news for almost every other gamer out there who planned on spending any time at all saving the galaxy.  But who cares 'bout them!?  I have to run out and grab all these supplies this weekend!  My marathon plans are sundered!

Doesn't Bioware know what it's doing to me?!

Fly safe, shoot straight.  I need a drink.

Also, I guess congratulations are in order for all of you who don't go into OCD meltdown over an even earlier access time than we anticipated.

1 comment:

  1. In case you couldn't tell, this was not entirely serious.

    ReplyDelete