Friday, March 9, 2012

Snap Shot: Operatin'!

So, this week <Scum and Villainy> will step foot into Eternity Vault for the fourth time.  So far, I'll be honest; I've been incredibly impressed with the instance design.  The fights are fun so far (although Gharj can be RNG-tastic).  Annihilator Droid is a good gear check, Gharj is an unpredictable fight that has fun platforming elements, the Pylon is Lootship v2.0, the Council fight is actually quite interesting, and Soa is ... well, he's Soa.  He's an evil bastard who feeds on your tears ... well, until you figure him out.  Then, apparently, you get to whip him like a red-headed Rakata ... which helps, because his head is actually red.

Eternity Vault is a wonderful operation with atmosphere and character.  I've compared it to Ulduar before and I think it's a fair comparison.  The mechanics are tight (when they don't bug out) and the overall story of the operation makes sense and is compelling.

Now, here's the part where most people would put in a breakdown of what to do, where to go, what strats to use ... fuck that.  Go to Youtube for that shit.  I'm going to regale you with my thoughts as I faced each of these bosses!

ANNIHILATOR DROID:
"Escape pods!  Cool!"
"OH GOD THE TURRETS BURRRRNNNNN ME!"
"Escape pods!  Still cool!"
"Turrets immune to CC!  Fuuuuuuuu"
"Fuck these escape pods."
"Turrets were harder than the damn boss."

GHARJ:
"Boy, Soa really emphasizes the 'IIIIIIIEEEEEEE' in 'DIE'."
"Glad I played Super Mario as a kid."
"Clearly, some of our raid did not."
"That is one ugly fucking rancor-rage-beast."
"GET OUT OF THE FUCKING LAVA!"

ANCIENT PYLON:
"Shit, does this damn thing rotate left or right?"
"Ok, got sequence down.  Keep 'em off me, I'm starting my attack run!"
"Cheetos!"
"That was easy.  TOO EASY.  I expect a trap!"
"No trap.  I guess we just get loot.  Lootship 2.0!"

COUNCIL:
"Oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit!"
"ENOUGH WITH THE KNOCKBACKS, BITCH!"
"Only one shot? Fuuuuuuuu"
"Clearly, this game hates Snipers."

SOA:
"Wow, what a nice room."
"OH FUCK THE FLOOR!  AAAAHHHHHH!"
"Ok, we gotta pick the right path!"
"Shit I picked the wrong path!"
"Hey guys, I found the floor."

Fly safe, shoot straight!  For the glory of the Empire!

2 comments:

  1. Haha, consider me "regaled".

    And damn you! Now I want to raid! XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, I heartily approve of this post. There need to be more "raid guides" like this. :P

    ReplyDelete