Tuesday, April 24, 2012

TOR Blogger Feedback

With Lyrestra calling it quits recently over at The Sith Code, I'd like to take the temperature of the SWTOR blogging community concerning our newest game.  If TOR were a ceramic bathtub filled with bubbles I can feel the water is hot in some spots, warm in others, tepid for some, and completely cold for the remainder.  What's your TOR tub like?  Still in love with the game?  Still logging on every day?  Or have you cooled somewhat (or even completely divorced) BioWare's newest baby?  Take my quiz in the comments and we'll tabulate the results!

All answers will be from 1 to 10, with 1 being the lowest score and 10 being the highest score.

Questions:
**Updated for answers so far!**


  1. Give a score representative of the overall level of fun you've had while playing TOR (1 to 10). ~ Average score 8.14
  2. Give a score representative of your current happiness with the game (including patch 1.2). ~ Average score 7.86
  3. On a scale of 1 to 10, how active are you in TOR?  Example: 1 means you barely log in at all, 10 means you log in every day for multiple hours.  A 5 would mean 2-3 days per week for no more than 5 hours total per week. ~ Average score 7.86
  4. On a scale of 1 to 10, what is your level of commitment to TOR?  1 means you are very likely to unsubscribe, 10 means you are a lifer and will marry the box next weekend. ~ Average score 7.71
  5. What was your previous MMO (if applicable) and what score would you give that game overall, from 1 to 10? ~ Average score 6.00 - most popular answer, WoW

8 comments:

  1. Here's my scores:
    1. 8
    2. 8
    3. 6
    4. 9
    5. 7 (a 7 in TBC, an 8 in WOTLK, a 6 in CATA)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dangit! You guys are making me rethink my scores now ... I think I was too generous to Cataclysm as it was the expansion that absolutely annihilated any love I had for WoW.

      New scores. Shaddup, it's my blog. I can change 'em if I want to!

      Here's my scores:
      1. 8
      2. 8
      3. 6
      4. 9
      5. 6 (a 7 in TBC, an 8 in WOTLK, a 3 in CATA)

      Delete
  2. 1. 8
    2. 9
    3. 9
    4. 9
    5. WoW. 6 in Vanilla, 7 in TBC, 8 in WOTLK, 7 to start cata, decreasing to a 3 or 4 when I quit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 8/9/8/8/WoW- 8 WotLK, 6 starting Cata, down to 2 when the last tier came out (maybe that should be a 1, I don't even remember what that tier was called!).

    I'm pretty warm for TOR. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. 9
    2. 9
    3. 9
    4. 8
    5. WoW, as it is right now... 4

    I'm afraid I've become a fangirl...

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1. 8
    2. 8
    3. 10
    4. 9
    5. WoW - 7 overall. 9 at my peak (mid-Wrath) and 5 when I quit (4.3). LOTRO - 8 (ambiance, god help me I love that game)

    <3 TOR and the horse it rode in on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. /deep breath . . . You want honest answers, right?

    1. 7
    2. 3
    3. 7 (Using your scale. I would have put 5 hours per week down at 3.)
    4. 1 (We did the 6-month sub, but I doubt I'll continue.)
    5. WoW (Vanilla 5, TBC 7, Wrath 9, Cataclysm 3 (Only thing which kept me in as long as I stayed was my guild.))

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1. 9
    2. 9
    3. 6/7
    4. 10
    5. WoW - 8 overall (but probably won't go back), LOTRO - 4 (beautiful game but annoys me lots. Occasionally return for a dabble as have lifetime sub)
    EVE - 3 (more interesting to read about than play)
    GW - 3 (Pretty game at the time but boring.)
    SWG - 9 (Pre-CU)

    ReplyDelete