Friday, May 25, 2012

Oh Tobold ...

... you are such a fucking troll.

I feel bad for the dudes and dudettes at 38 Studios; I've seen upper management completely wreck sites and companies.  And I know there's very little difference between the assembly line worker for a doomed auto manufacturer and a developer who is told to create game assets in a certain way.  Upper management can create success through wise decisions and bold risks, or they can destroy hope through terrible missteps and willful blindness.

Still, Tobold trolling his readerbase for hits is nothing new.

3 comments:

  1. Having working in IT during the internet bubble (2000ish) I agree with you.

    The difference is that back then we weren't in a recession so if/when your startup went tits up due to management writing stupid business plans/ marketing wanting to sell something that no one wanted then you just got another job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The post you linked is the douchiest thing I've read in a long time. I would post a comment to that effect on the offending post itself, but it doesn't deserve the traffic or attention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? I feel bad for even linking to his post.

      Delete