Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Wow ...

.. and no, this isn't related to World of Warcraft.  Apparently, two weeks ago (5/16) marked my one year anniversary of launching Imperial Intelligence.  83 posts (this will make 84), 5033 views, and 379 days later ... well, Imperial Intelligence is still going strong.

My original idea for this blog was a one-stop shop for all things Agent-y, but I quickly realized that was ... well, it was boring.  Instead, I morphed rather quickly into a general TOR blog with an Agent flavor; Assignments, Snap Shots, the opening bits of my posts featuring the Cipher and Kaliyo (or Temple), etc.

So, here's some interesting stats*!

*IMPERIAL INTELLIGENCE DOES NOT GUARANTEE THAT THE FOLLOWING STATISTICS ARE EITHER INTERESTING OR EXCITING.  PLEASE USE CAUTION.

Njessi drives the most traffic to my site (355 referrals).  I should send her a cake.  Shintar (151 referrals) is a close second.  I should send her a cookie.

The most popular Google search that leads to me is: Imperial Sniper Rotation (11).  I should do more of that.

My Mass Effect 3 post is by far my most popular (398 views).  My Server Types and You! post is second (135 views).

My least popular post is my Twelfth Assignment (5 views).  After reading it again, I understand why.  Yikes.

I've accumulatd 66 comments, mostly from authors on my blogroll (which I appreciate).  I write for me, mostly, but also for the blog authors I've come to like and respect.  Even warlocks, I guess.

All in all, a pretty good year.  To be honest, 5000 views isn't probably a whole hell of a lot compared to many of the folks on my blogroll, but to me it's impressive.  I only expected a few guildmates and a few friends to even be remotely interested in this ... to see some of my posts get 50+ views is a thrill for me.

So, I'll be right back ... crafting some more Mass Effect posts to cheese some hits!

2 comments:

  1. Grats on your blogoversary!

    (Make that 67 comments!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm driving people into the arms of the Empire? Nooo...! Cookies sound good though.

    Anyway, congratulations on your blogoversary! I have to admit I didn't even know you had been around this long already. (It's still weird to me that so many SWTOR fan sites were founded long before the launch of the game.)

    ReplyDelete