Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Your Forty-Seventh Assignment: Light at the End of the Tunnel?

Cipher, why are you smiling?

No reason, Kaliyo.  No reason at all.

Why is it that I don't believe you, agent?

I think things will be ok, Kaliyo.

Cipher ... you are a wuss.


Lock and load, agents!  Good news to report ... population on Shien seems to be performing a mild upswing.  Diablo fever is running its course and the Imperial Travel Bureau is now stepping down from alert.  Combine this with new information about patch 1.3 courtesy of IGN and overall it's been a good couple of days for TOR players.  The new trailer shows lots of interesting things; the new group finder tool (which features operations!), adaptive gear that changes to the correct armor type for characters, new Legacy character perks which can speed up XP gains, give you speeders at low levels and are only unlocked for one character at a time (but at a greatly reduced price compared to other Legacy unlocks), and of course ... the most important feature.

SITTING ON CHAIRS.  BEHOLD.

But in all seriousness, 1.3 looks to be a pretty hefty patch that implements some sorely needed game systems but is relatively light on content.  Unfortunately, still no word on ranked warzones and cross-server pvp, both of which are hotly anticipated by the community.  I'm positive this will ensure that the official forums are a constructive, healthy place to be.  /sarcasm

On a personal note, I've had 'the talk' with my guild.  We're shutting down operations until 1.3 drops and afterwards we'll reevaluate where we stand on the server.  We've contemplated a move to Ebon Hawk or The Harbinger if Shien is given free server transfers.  If not, I'm sure we'll have an influx of new players from lower pop servers will help fill our ranks.  All in all, I'm pretty hopeful that things will turn out.  There's light at the end of the tunnel and I'm pretty sure it's not a Corellian rocket train.

I think.

Fly safe, shoot straight!  For the glory of the Empire!

1 comment:

  1. Lol, I hadn't noticed the sitting on chairs bit! Now you've got me all excited. :P

    ReplyDelete