Tuesday, November 20, 2012

An Update - Hiatus

Hey guys.

As you can tell from the title, ol' Targeter is taking a hiatus from posting.  This is largely because of my 'Lord Lard' initiative.  You see, I got some results back from some company-mandated health testing and it wasn't very good.  So, I'll be kicking the fitness plan into overdrive.

This means a couple of things!

My TOR/WoW posting will drop significantly.  Like, almost to zero.

My Lord Lard posting will probably drop to once a week updates.  This will be the primary focus of the blog for the near future.

BATHROOM, MOM!  BATHROOM!
A fairly accurate depiction of Targeter right now.

In a nutshell, my health has spiraled out of control and I need to get back on track if I plan to see the end of this decade.  It's partially because of my sedentary job, partially because of my hobbies (*cough cough MMOs cough cough*), and partially because of my inability to balance a healthy lifestyle with my desire to kill pixel bad guys!  It's no one's fault but my own, really.  Tons and tons of people are able to balance work, life, family, and gaming successfully.  Currently, I'm not.  But I plan on changing that very, very soon so that I can be there for my family later on.  And like, not die of a heart attack at 40.

I'll cover the major events and post silly stuff here and there, but for the time being I'm taking a hiatus to get started on rectifying my problems.  To those of you who read my blog, I thank you very, very much.  If I had known that my little blog, which I really only planned for my guildmates to read, would last over two years, have 130+ posts, and attract 11,000 hits, I would have passed out!

I'd like to thank some folks indivdually, too.  Shintar over at Going Commando, N'jessi at Hawtpants of the Old Republic, Hugh at the MMO Melting Pot, Cleeyah at In Character, Fulguralis at Killing 'Em Slowly, the inestimable Lono from Screaming Monkeys, Spinks at Welcome to Spinksville, and countless other authors who have given me inspiration (ie, I stole their post ideas), guidance, and support.

To those of you who have me on your blogroll, I do appreciate the traffic you've sent my direction and would greatly appreciate if you kept me on.  I do eventually plan a return to blogging, but at this moment, I can't see it happening for 6-9 months at the least.  If you decide to remove me, I thank you for your patronage and wish you the best!  For those that keep me on, well, I always liked you better anyways!

Thanks again guys and gals.  When I talk to you next, I hope to be in far better health.  Cheers!

Fly safe, shoot straight.  For the glory of the Empire!

10 comments:

  1. Aw, I do hope it works out for you and that you don't end up going completely silent in the meantime. It won't be the same without your fanboy rages. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nooooooooo. You'd better come back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely take care of yourself! Life's a marathon, not a sprint. :-)

    Sometimes posting less can help the creative engines, too... so it's not all bad. Give yourself the leeway to write when you want to and the freedom to do what you need to do. I know for a long time I thought I had to post "important" stuff or write posts of substance all of the time. Lately, I've switched to pretty much random, "non-helpful" stuff and it's been freeing and fun. Instead of providing the help, I've pretty much been asking for it and gotten great replies. It's a different approach, but totally fits where my life is at right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the fitness program, and looking forward to your return!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck and look after yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck from one Kentuckian to another with your fitness program. Sorry about your Wildcats sucking by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least in football ... but hey, UK's done something this year that UL hasn't! Beaten a top 25 team! Kent State is now ranked 23rd. So ... uh ... yay?

      Delete
  7. Good luck with the health stuff! Take care of yourself and don't try to bite off too much at onece at the beginning (I did, it wasn't pretty...).

    ReplyDelete