Tuesday, April 21, 2015

x12 XP Bonus Active on May 4th - so is Targeter

Via the Cantina livestream, it looks like SWTOR is getting a x12 XP boost for all subscribers starting on May 4th.  The developers said it will be in place 'for a long time.'  This leads me to believe that the bonus may stick around all through the summer and may lead to The Force Awakens premiere in December?  Could we be getting The Force Awakens themed items in upcoming crates?  How cool would it be to get a real TIE Fighter for space PVP, eh?

Oh, and I guess with the x12 XP buff going active, that means ol' Targeter is getting back in the swing.  I've got a bounty hunter named Droideka (outifitted in cyborg gear from head to toe so he looks like a robot) I've wanted to start leveling again, and this new buff means it's basically a no-brainer.

I think I'll take advantage of the dwindling x2 XP buff that's still active to get back into the swing of things.  Gotta walk  before you run, right?

Plans for this buff are:
  • Get the Bounty Hunter to max (or near max ... at least see the end of the class story)
  • Fire up my cat-person Jedi Knight again and get as far as I can
  • Still avoid the wretched story in Consular class (blech)
  • Get my stealth Inquisitor through his story (fat Chiss are best Chiss)
  • Maybe re-do my Sith Warrior as a dark-side?  My first Warrior was light-side and it was immensely satisfying to play.  Maybe go lady Warrior this time?
As always, SWTOR is a great game to come back to because of all the story, plot, and fantastic moments.  Feels good to dip my toes back in.

Oh, and I'm still raiding in WoW.  We're 8/10 normal in Blackrock, 3/10 heroic.  We've moved on from Highmaul, but were just shy of our goal (7/7 normal, 6/7 heroic but jesus tap-dancing christ, Heroic Imperator is a paaaain).  I've dropped ESO (boy, that flamed out fast as hell) and may take another look at it once it comes to Xbox One.

But it's ok!  By dropping ESO, I've picked up working out and going outside.  These are good changes.  I've got a weight bench in my garage that I hit regularly and I see the sun, which is a positive.

Nice to be back!

1 comment: