Monday, May 4, 2015

IT BEGINS

May 4th is upon us!  Details have been laid out, via the inestimable Dulfy, on what we can expect from this new event.
THE BOOST DELIVERS AN ACCELERATED AND MORE IMMERSIVE STORY EXPERIENCE!
Inspired by the popularity of the 12x XP Boost, Subscribers can level faster while experiencing a deeper and more engaging story-telling experience. The Epic Story XP Boost includes reduced cool down on quick travel options and increased commendations to facilitate acquisition of the gear you need when you need it.
  • Level your characters from 1 – 55 at an accelerated rate
  • Now you have the ability to toggle on/off the Epic Story XP Boost once acquired
  • Act now, the Epic Story XP Boost ends this Fall
The Epic Story XP Boost applies to Class Missions in the core game and then the main "critical path" storyline of Rise of the Hutt Cartel. We are not putting the Epic Story XP Boost for Shadow of Revan (55-60) since it was already designed to be a much more streamlined and faster leveling experience.
The fact that it lasts till fall is pretty awesome; it also means a lot of the pressure to get in there and "OMGLEVEL" as many as I can stomach is lessened a bit.  I'm still going to get in there though, damn straight about that!  First up will be my bounty hunter, Droideka.  He's a no-nonsense sorta cat (not a Cathar) who just really wants to get paid no matter who he has to blast.  I don't think I'll go out of my way to be evil, but if there are innocent casualties ... eh, they shoulda known better.  I'm currently sitting around the mid 20s or so (I think I may have just finished Balmorra during the last x2 XP event?) so it looks like it's off to the lovely underbelly of Nar Shadaa after this.  Oh, I'm sure NOTHING will go wrong there.  Nope.

After this, I may dust off my low-level Jedi Knight.  I never really leveled through the knight storyline; I'd heard it's the most 'Star Wars-y' of them all and I'll be interested to see what twists and turns come my way.  If I remember, he's a light-side do-gooder type of cat (is a Cathar) and he's all high and mighty.  He's sort of insufferable, in an endearing way.  Maybe I'll have him stray a bit by falling in love with someone.  Who knows!

Also on my bucket list are my Inquistor and Sage; they are both are the stealthy-stabby types.  I enjoy the stealth mode in SWTOR as it allows me to skirt certain areas and avoid annoying packs of enemies.  Inquisitor's storyline starts pretty well, if I recall, but I'm pretty sure the Sage was already making me want to throw up in my mouth.

I've done Smuggler and Trooper enough, but I do think I'll give the ol' Agent another run-through as well.  Targeter was done as an ultimately light-side character who made compromises to save as many as he thought he could.  Maybe I'll revisit that and try to go full dark?  Either way, I really just want to experience the Agent storyline again as it was just so magnificent.

Lock and load, folks!  SWTOR's back in full swing!

*Also, I got my Alliance Warrior to 100 in WoW ... so that's pretty cool.  I may try to help my poor Alliance guildies out occasionally by tanking some Highmaul content.  We'll see how that goes, when I have the time.

1 comment:

  1. Levelling plans for 5 characters, wow! I'm only planning for 3 characters myself, but seeing how bad (read: easily bored) I am with levelling I think that'll be enough of a challenge for me already. :)

    The agent story has very different outcomes depending on what choices you make, so I think that will be an interesting playthrough, even when you've already done it once!

    ReplyDelete