Monday, July 13, 2015

My Baby is a Jerk

My baby girl earned a lot of dark side points over the weekend.  She is now able to equip the Relic of LOL My Parents Hate This Shit (requires dark rank 2).  She is continuously trolling her parents with start/stop contractions that throw us in a tizzy.  This is the second child we've had (or having, or will have, whatever you want to say) and we thought we'd have the whole 'contractions' thing down pat.  We were wrong.

Our baby is a jerk.

In between fitful nights of sleep and anxious days, I did manage to log a few hours of MMO time (I got nothing else to do, right?).  It's been raining here for like, 3 years so going outside is basically out of the question.  Ok, maybe not 3 years, but it seriously has been 3 weeks of continuous rain.  I was able to get out and weed-eat my lawn on Friday but had to stop as the skies decided that 'Nope, we've had enough of this shit, Targeter' and dumped a gigantic rainstorm on me.  Luckily, I was able to finish mowing the next day before the torrential rains came, and we even got a nice afternoon at the pool!  Hooray for correct timing!

Seeing as how the weather has denied us almost all sunshine for 21 straight days, I was able to get some pretty decent FFXIV time in.  And I finally got the Ninja in FFXIV yesterday.  Hooray!  Felt like a big moment for me even if the class is so far kinda underwhelming.  But I am very low level (32) and it basically plays like the Rogue, but still ... I thought there'd be more stuff to it.  I'll learn more as I go, obviously, but oh well.  On the road to Ninja, I had to beat the level 30 Rogue quest 'Cloying Victory.'  Also known as 'Please Dear God, Don't Make Me Do This Again.'  I had to repeat this quest 6 times.  SIX TIMES.  You know how long it's been since I played an MMO where you even thought you maybe would fail on a quest?  Long time.  'Cloying Victory' changed all that though.  I was alternately amused, depressed, angry, and humbled.  But mainly, I'm glad I got it done (with the Echo buff /sadface).  In retrospect, there were a few things I could have done to make it easier on myself (leveled up a couple more to hit the duty max, killed a guard or two before taking out the detonators) and there were a couple of early aborts; I couldn't find the detonators because I wasn't paying attention the first time, Jacke got annihilated on the second try because the pirate captain just started wailing on him from the get-go, a random wipe in the middle when the little guy got destroyed by three abilities in five seconds ... you see where this is going.  It was a lot of trial and error to get it done, but in the end, it was oddly refreshing to see an actual, honest-to-god difficult class quest.

Well, I say that now.  Ask me in the middle of my attempts and my reply would have just been a long string of expletives connected my spittle and froth.


3 comments:

  1. That Dark side II comment made me laugh. Also, I've nominated you for a Liebster award! I hope you don't mind me posting here (I know you have more important matters there so absolutely no hurry).

    http://ravalation.blogspot.com/2015/07/creatively-double-liebsterized.html

    Rav :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to do this soon! Thanks ... I think?

      Delete