Monday, August 24, 2015

Cash Money Gillionaire Ya'll

Do YOU want to make 10,000 gil a day with no money down, no effort, no time, and no life?  Call me now for my investment opportunity information packet of informational information!  Get the FFXIV life you DESERVE!
I finally hit over a million gil on my little ninja.  Excuse me while I celebrate in a rambunctious fashion.


Now, I'll preface this by saying: I know a million gil in FFXIV isn't a whole hell of a lot.  But it's a lot to me, dammit!  And for the amount of 'effort' I put into it, it was relatively easy to do.  My method consisted of selling vendor gear on the market.

That's it.

I know a lot of other folks do this as well.  I won't pretend like I'm the first guy to ever do this, either.  It's a trick that's as old as MMOs are.  But in FFIXV it seems to be a very lucrative way to get modestly wealthy in a relatively short amount of time.  The idea is to target the level brackets that are just now coming into some decent gil and procure gear that's ideal for them.  With the influx of new players (like me!), I found the 25-35 bracket is particularly good for cashing in.  Right about that time, the idea of spending 15-20K gil on a hat or a chest or boots or leggings isn't so bad compared to the quest items you're receiving at the time.  Keeping players just a step ahead of the leveling curve is pretty good business.

I've still got a ways to go in questing, and apparently Heavensward is where the *real* money is at, so I'm sure I'll continue to be a cash money gillionaire for the foreseeable future.  But I was pleasantly surprised to get into the market and instantly be competitive.  Part of this is owed to FFXIV's retainer system, and the ability to keep things on the market for a while.  Most of my sales came a week or so after I originally posted the items, which provides a nice, steady drip-feed of gil.

Next project for me is to make enough gil to buy a house (small plots on my server are going for 2.5-3 million gil), so I've got a long ways to go.  But that's ok, cuz this Miqo'te is gettin' PAID.


No comments:

Post a Comment