Tuesday, August 4, 2015

LIEBSTERIZED!

Ravanel Liebsterized me a while back and I'm just now getting some time to take care of this.  Sorry for the delay!  I'd blame my Darkside II baby, but I've already used that excuse.  This time, I'll make it the fault of my diaper droid, C-P00.

Eleven random facts about me!

  1. I am a massive and long-suffering Minnesota Vikings fan.
  2. I also play D&D and may start putting some of my tabletop adventures in my posts!
  3. I used to part my hair to the side in high school, but it made me look like a chode.  I changed to a butt-cut in college (over 10 years ago) and I think it makes me still look like a chode, but I'm afraid to change it.
  4. We recently had a baby and I witnessed the actual birth.  It was gross but cool.  But more gross than cool.
  5. My 8-year-old son plays with my old toys; He-Man, GI Joe, Legos, Hot Wheels, Transformers.  I constantly have to stop myself from saying, "YOU'RE NOT PLAYING WITH THEM RIGHT."
  6. I am deeply disturbed by the recent trend of calling women 'females.'  I dunno, sounds so scientific and clinical.  I generally try to refer to women as women, girls, ladies, or wimminz.
  7. I really enjoy cutting my grass.
  8. When I buy Xbox games, I almost never finish them unless they're Bioware or Bethesda games.
  9. I don't have a favorite food.  It changes too much for me to ever peg down.  Right now, I think my favorite thing is a Classic Athenian Gyro from the Athenian Grill down the road.  But a month before it was salmon sushi from a sushi place that tragically closed down.  In another month, it'll change again.
  10. I used to have an almost encyclopedic knowledge of Star Wars, but my skills have waned in the past decade.  I once took on 7 other friends in Star Wars Trivial Pursuit ... on the same team.  It was a massacre.
  11. My fear is snakes is all-encompassing.
  12. BONUS!  I am actually thinking of trying to start writing a novel but have no clue how to start, what to write, or how to even say it.
Now on to the questions I must answer!


1) Name one thing that would make your current favourite game better. Why?
  • Good question.  Current fave is FFXIV  but it's so new to me that I don't even know what to suggest.  For my long-time favorite MMO SWTOR though?  Easy ... relax the restrictions on the F2P accounts.  It's such an archaic, punishing system to subject new people too.  Cred limits and UI limits and blah blah blah.  Game is good enough to stand on its own without bogging down newbies with ridiculous restrictions.
2) How much time do you spend in MMOs standing around, not actively steering your character (for instance because you are chatting to friends) instead of doing actual gameplay?
  • Too much.  Back in WoW, I installed JumpCounter, an addon that simply counted jumps.  When I wasn't raiding or going someplace, I jumped around.  I got rid of the addon when I was approaching 1 million jumps.  And that was only during the Lich King expansion.
3) If you would get to pick a lightsaber, what colour crystal would be in it?  
  • NOT PURPLE.  Mace Windu is a turd.  I like a good, solid red.
4) In games, do you have a preference for creating a character of a specific gender?
  • I really don't like playing lady characters.  Even though my new agent is a lady Togruta.  Shut up.
5) In games, do you have a preference for creating a character of a specific race (dwarf, elf, asura, human etc.)? If you check your characters, which race is in the majority? 
  • The answer is always DWARF.  I always make a dwarf before I make anything else.  If no dwarf is available, I try to select the most dwarf-like.
6) In games, do you have a preference for creating characters of a certain body type or height?
  • Stocky, a bit shorter than normal.  I like big, powerful, low center of gravity melee dps with large weapons.
7) Outside the realm of games: does everyone know that you game? Or do you keep it a secret for certain people?
  • I don't generally let my nerd flag fly; only my closest friends really know that I D&D or play MMOs ... most of my closest friends don't even know I blog.
8) What is your favourite in-game consumable and why?
  • Hmmm, good question.  I was going to say the ogre cheese or whatever from WoW, but then I remember the Crunchy Chicks from Fable.  The ones you ate to gain evil points?  Eating all those poor chicks in front of that Demon Door ... how evil was that!
9) Do you prepare that consumable in the offline world as well?
  • Uh.  Next question.
10) What is your top 3 favourite dinosaurs? 
  • 1) Triceratops, 2) Ankilosaurus, 3) and not really a dinosaur, but was around at the time ... Megalodon!
11) And, last but not least: I'm an iguanodon. What dinosaur are you?
  • Straight up Triceratops.  It's always been my favorite since I was a little kid.  Probably feeds into my low, powerful, well-armored, dwarfy penchant for characters.
Now I've apparently got to name my own Liebsterization victims.  Shintar!  Njessi!  Treyann!  You're up.  Here's my questions (I'm currently hungry and it informed my list):
  1. Keeping with the dinosaur theme, what dinosaur would you like to be eaten by?
  2. Where do you like to hang out in your home the most?
  3. Favorite sandwich?
  4. If you were stuck on an island and could only have Pepsi or Coke, which?  What flavor?  Regular, Max, Zero, Diet?
  5. What's the best book you've read in the past two years?
  6. A maniac has a gun to your head and is forcing you to delete one of your mains off of any MMO you play ... which main gets axed?
  7. Sleep in the buff or pajamas?
  8. Are you a dog or cat person?
  9. Almond milk.  Gross or delicious?
  10. Do you even lift, bro?
  11. Kanye: Light him on fire or worship him as a god?
Thanks all!

1 comment:

  1. Enjoyed this so much! Although I'm terrified by your C-P00 droid. D:

    Also, I remember those Crunchy Chickens in Fable. That was so funny! I still need to get Conrad to play that game; he never played it.

    I feel bad for your victims to have to answer question 1. and 6. What a horror scenarios (especially 6., of course)! :P

    Thanks for taking the time to write this post. It was good fun to get to know a bit more about you. Hope the baby is well. :)

    ReplyDelete