Remember that SWTOR is doing a livestream event tonight at 8pm ET (5pm PT, 12am GMT)! It purports to answer questions about the basic game system changes and companions. We'll see how it goes.
Larry, my new guildmate and SWTOR writer over at MassivelyOP (pardon that name drop), wrote an excellent article about the questions we should ask during the stream. Here they are in handy bulleted form, verbatim:
- Will we still be able to run the same number of missions as we currently can?
- Are companions still going to have specializations?
- Will there be achievements and bonuses attached to certain companions?
- Will future seasons present life-changing decisions regarding current companions?
Fine questions to ask. I think I'd like to add some more, though.
- What will our companion limit be? How quickly can we expect to hit that companion cap?
- Are there going to be some companions spread out in remote areas? Will we be able to hunt some of them down and add them to the crew or will it be a straight-forward process?
- Will certain companions be class-locked? (No spoilers, just want to know if the option will be there) Or are they all open to every class?
- How will purchased companions work? HK-51, Treek?
- Can I romance Treek?
- What do you mean, "Ewwww?"
- YOU DON'T KNOW ME, MAN!
Apart from other companion questions, I also have general questions!
- How will the stat revamp work? How will 'Mastery' be applied to gear?
- Will old operations flex up and down in level, or are they locked at 60?
- Will we be able to score some new starships? Stands to reason if we're doing the Big Chill, we've probably lost our rides, right?
- Will there be new models for Galactic Starfighter?
- OMG CAN I FLY/FIGHT FOR ZAKUUL IN STARFIGHTER? BOIWRE PLS
So, that's a lot of questions. I'll update with answers when I can!
Quick note! SWTOR launched a new gameplay trailer this week to show off the KotFE expansion! I'll have some more thoughts on that next week as we learn more. I'm obviously super excited about it. FYI! Here's a GAMESCOM 2015 CANTINA CODE! Usable up to 50 times, so feel free to snag it while you can. And if you'd like to get back into SWTOR, use my referral link!