Friday, September 11, 2015

Bounty Hunter - Hitting 60

Finally hit 60 on my Bounty Hunter ... first time I've had a max level character since Makeb released.  Powering through Makeb and getting to Rishi was a pretty good rush; I'd forgotten how Makeb's quest design really stepped up from the 1-50 experience.  Rishi though was a total shock.

WTB vacation home in Rishi.  PST srs offers only.
I wasn't really sure what to expect, but what shocked me most was how beautiful it was.  The spaceport/market was laid out and sprawling; it seemed to have its own vibe and existed because that's what the inhabitants there would have built, not just that the game needed a hub to put players in.  Having it stretch into three sections, complete with an 'underbelly full of pirates' really made the whole area come alive.  And the vistas and foliage of the outer zones?  Yowza.  My screenshots don't do it justice.  It's a marvel.

I can tell a difference in the questing too; less plodding, less grindy.  They're fairly quick-hitters and clustered well so that questing doesn't seem like a chore.  Maybe I'm just looking at it with fresh eyes; on my 4th or 5th playthrough my tune will probably be different.  But for right now, Shadow of Revan is impressing.

I'd also like to mention how much I enjoyed the Prelude to Revan solo flashpoints.  My goodness, were those well-constructed and entertaining playthroughs.  Like Rishi, I'm sure they dull with repetition, but from my experience they were some of the best dungeon content I've seen in a long, long time.

Bad droids, bad droids, whatcha gonna do.
That GSI combat droid could have probably run all the instances by itself; I'm pretty sure me and Treek (or HK-51) were just window dressing.  Good god, that robot kicked ass.

Also, a shout-out to Larry Everett's guild on Ebon Hawk!  It's a MassivelyOP guild, so there's tons of folks on all the time.  They do operations, both new and old, and were nice enough to take this bounty hunter unit on a run (which dinged me 60).  Good times are had by all.  If you'd like to check it out, head over to their website!

Scum and Villainy 'old timey' raid featuring me, your friendly neighborhood droid bounty hunter.
Quick note!  SWTOR launched a new gameplay trailer a couple of weeks ago to show off the KotFE expansion!  I'm obviously super excited about it.  FYI!  Here's a GAMESCOM 2015 CANTINA CODE!  Usable up to 50 times, so feel free to snag it while you can.  And if you'd like to get back into SWTOR, use my referral link!

1 comment:

  1. While everything can become dull with repetition, I actually found Rishi and Yavin easier and more fun to replay than Makeb, precisely because they don't require you to mow down fifty mobs after every conversation. :)

    ReplyDelete